Monday, October 5, 2009

Papertrey Ink's World Tour Challenge Cards

In honor of World Card Making Day, Nichole Heady  of PaperTrey Ink  (PTI) created a world tour of card making. First country up on the tour was Japan, using the colors or images Japanese art evokes. 

I used PTI's Greenthumb stamp set to stamp computer printer paper and then folded an origami crane. Sadly, it's the only origami piece I can remember how to fold. The background paper is from Daisy D's and the word 'peace' is from PTI's Winter Swirls. I chalked the paper just slightly to make it a better match for the background paper.


Next stop on Nichole's tour was Mexico. I thought of serapes, stripes and brightly colored flowers.

If the flowers don't look like PTI's, that'd be true and false. They're PTI's, but they're the ornaments from Take A Bough. I really don't know what paper line this is. Again some of the stockpile collected but not used. I fringed the bottom of the paper - shows up much better in real life.

Third stop on the PTI  world tour was India. Nichole suggested we think bling!

The stamp set used here is PTI's Winter Swirls again. I stamped it with Versamark and then chalked over it for what I hope is something of an Indian fabric feel. The background paper is also Daisy Ds and the flowers are assorted Prima's. The saying is from PTI's Everyday Button Bits.

The tour ended in Australia. Tough to reproduce their impressive art so we got a break - use dots or mask. I opted for dots and cheated big time. 

See? Plenty of dots. I just didn't create them. And I don't have any idea who made the paper. I'm not much of a blue person, but I suspect you figured that out. The stamps on this card are PTI's Little Lady. I'd admired this set literally for years. Finally ordered it and it came in the mail the day I broke my leg and ended up having surgery, three screws and a bone graft put in and had to wear a brace and stay off it for two months. Little Lady is not so lucky for me!

Thanks for touring with me, if you're not familiar with PaperTrey Ink I hope you'll check them out.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! this is Natalie aka dougnat! and yes I used to be with Close to My heart oh so many moons ago!! how do I know you??

    ReplyDelete