Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More Untraditional Christmas Buttons

Even with practice, my night time photography doesn't do justice to the colors in my cards. Especially this time. The card is for Taylored Expressions sketch # 90 and the color challenge at The Playdate Cafe.It's a shame too because this sketch is sooooo usable and these colors are always going to be stunning.


See? The sketch has tons of possibilities any way you turn it and the colors are classic. At any rate, here's my card:

The stamps are from Papertrey Ink's Holiday Button Bits and the sentiment is from their Take A Bough. The papers are from the stash. If you look close, I took the lesson at Nichole's blog and layered the snowman's head up to give dimension. This stamp set is pretty much idiot proof though. I don't think you can wrong using it anyway you like!

Once again, sorry about the photo. This card is much better in real light but had to be submitted by midnight. Timing in life is everything! Thanks so much for stopping in!

5 comments:

  1. Just love this offering for the challenge! It's such a sweet card and I definitely think it was worth bumping hubby off Farmville! ;)

    I really appreciate your support of the Play Date Cafe Challenge...hope to see you again on for the new challenge Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable. Thanks for taking the Play Date Cafe Challenge with us. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so very adorable, great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER CUTE :) Love it.. so creative.. thanks for plaing with us at the PDCC hope you play along with Challenge #4 hugs

    ~I have free digi stamps on my blog plus blog candy (see right top picture)

    ReplyDelete